Glamour, Mercury, Anna Wintour + Malala.
- In her day, my mother Betty was an incredible dress maker*. And I mean incredible. It took only a couple of minutes of her seeing a beautiful piece of clothing to crafting a pattern. Seriously. Of course, in the karmic genetic lottery, the sewing gene bypassed me completely. But I did inherit the ‘love of all things glamorous‘ gene.
Which is why I was drawn to this article about how John Galliano’s rehabilitation continues with high-spirited glamour. What’s not to love about the power of healing, transformation and humility?
- If you didn’t already know Mercury went retrograde on September 18 and goes direct on October 10. What does it all mean?
- Let Girls Learn initiative. I’m inspired by bold, empowered women such as Julia Gillard, Michelle Obama and Charlize Theron as they advocate for the 62 million girls globally who are not in school.
#letgirlslearn Tweet This
- This is delightful. Watch Malala Yousafzai and Stephen Colbert do a card trick.
- Candida Royalle was a very close friend of a close friend of mine. Candida was a firebrand of feminist sex crusading long before “sexpert” was a career choice and she unapologetically put authentic female pleasure on the map. She was also known as “the Grace Kelly of Porn”.
- Elizabeth Gilbert author of Eat, Pray, Love has a new book, ‘Big Magic – Creative Living Beyond Fear’. I read an interview with her in this week’s Guardian and this quote resonated with me. Probably because I’m a recovering perfectionist.
Perfection murders joy. You cut yourself out of the game before you even start.
- Seth Godin writes “If you can’t figure out how to talk to one person, it doesn’t really pay to scale up your efforts to talk to a thousand.”
- Karlie Kloss & Christy Turlington met for lunch to discuss how to use their super powers for good + talk modelling, education & entrepreneurship.
- In September, Liz Broderick, former Australian Sex Commissioner, had this to say:
The empowerment of women is the empowerment of humanity.
- Supermodel Karlie Kloss rocked GlobalWoman’s September as she talked confidence on her recently launched You Tube channel.
- The secret to Anna Wintour’s success? The ‘D’ word.
- The 4 best productivity tricks the team behind PicMonkey learned at Google. Number 3 is a must do for mastering your inbox.
- Fast Company started 30 years ago and set about to be the handbook of the new business revolution.
Something is happening and it affects us all. A global revolution is changing business, and business is changing the world. With unsettling speed, two forces are converging: a new generation of business leaders is rewriting the rules of business, and a new breed of fast companies is challenging the corporate status quo.
Leave a comment below as to who inspired you the most from GlobalWoman’s September round up.
In deepest of gratitude for travelling the GlobalWoman journey with me,
*Betty still rocks a sewing machine.