Cancer Season 2023 | Sun in Cancer
What is Cancer Season?
Cancer Season is when the Sun ingresses from Gemini into Cancer on June 21st until July 22nd, 2023.
What are the Themes of the Sun in Cancer?
- Ruler of Cancer ~ The Moon
- Element ~ Water
- Symbol ~ The Crab
- Associated Archetype ~ The Mother
- Glyph – ♋️
The crab is used to describe the sign of Cancer because it carries its own house with it.
As with Gemini’s dual nature, we experience a different kind of duality with Cancer; managing the duality of the inner and outer worlds just as the Crab has to.
Knowing when to explore the world and know when to retreat.
Cancer is the portal to securely anchoring your home; both in the inner and outer worlds.
Evolving and Sustaining the Cancer Narrative
Traditional astrology speaks to Cancer as the sign of the mother, the home, and our ancestral roots. The sign is deemed to be a ‘feminine principle’ and usually women receive the projection of being tasked to perform the culturally assigned roles of being born female.
Sensitive, Moody, Maternal, Nurturer.
Cancer, ruled by the Moon, speaks to phases, cycles, reproduction and birthing. It speaks to protection and how we care for others; care, protect, nurture ourself, families, our communities and our earth.
Cancer asks where is your home, refuge, sanctuary and shelter?
For as long as our ancestors have walked the earth, humans have always sought shelter and safety from the storms of life. Seeking out safe spaces to sleep, eat, love and live is a universal truth.
From our ancestors doing whatever was needed to stay alive until now, our understanding of ‘Home’ has expanded yet not always evolved. Our lives are radically different to our ancestors, hence our homes need to be as well.
Yet the question remains, as it did for our ancestors, how do we all live together harmoniously and share resources on our home, planet earth?
Cancer ~ Sustaining You
Since January 1st you’ve been busy, focused and steady as you explore and manifest the desires you hold for yourself in 2019. After the busyness of the Gemini cycle, most likely you’re now ready for deep rest in your beautiful home on a comfortable bed.
Rest is key to restorative wellbeing in 2023.
Thankfully the Sun enters Cancer on June 22nd. Ruled by the Moon, Cancer is all watery and nurturing. You’ll want to tune into your body and feelings as opposed to jumping out of bed, head first into the day Gemini style.
Given that the Crab rules Cancer, you’ll be tempted to stay home and hide beneath your shell. Do it. Once the Sun enters shiny Leo in a few weeks, you’ll need vast energy reserves in supply. Now’s the time to do just that. Use the time of Cancer to check in with yourself:
What will you need to restore yourself for the remainder of 2023?
- How will you care for yourself?
- Is your home nourishing?
- Do I have the necessary self-care rituals in place?*
- Saving more and spending less
- Showing up early
- Waking up earlier instead of rushing
- Nourishing your body
- Listening to understand, not to respond
- Nurturing your healthy bonds
- Making tough decisions
- Healing relationships with women in your life
- Knowing your boundaries and maintaining them
Deeper Exploration of Sun in Cancer Themes
During Cancer Season, the themes revolve around home, nurturing, emotions, and family. Here are some key aspects and practices associated with the Sun in Cancer:
1. Home and Family: Cancer is known as the sign of the mother and is deeply connected to the concept of home. It represents our roots, ancestry, and the need for a secure and nurturing environment. During this season, it’s a time to focus on creating a harmonious home life and strengthening bonds with family members.
2. Emotional Sensitivity: Cancer is a highly sensitive and emotional sign. It encourages us to connect with our feelings and explore our emotional landscape. It’s a time to honour and express our emotions, as well as cultivate empathy and compassion towards others.
3. Nurturing and Self-Care: Cancer energy emphasizes the importance of self-care and nurturing oneself and others. It reminds us to prioritize our well-being, engage in self-care rituals, and create a supportive and nurturing environment for ourselves and those around us.
4. Establishing Boundaries: Cancer also teaches us the significance of setting healthy boundaries. It’s important to know our limits and communicate them effectively to maintain emotional balance and protect our own well-being.
5. Healing and Reconciliation: Cancer Season provides an opportunity to heal and mend relationships, particularly with women in our lives. It’s a time to foster understanding, forgiveness, and create space for emotional healing and reconciliation.
6. Financial Responsibility: Cancer’s energy encourages us to be mindful of our financial situation and take steps towards saving more and spending less. It’s a favorable time for assessing our financial goals and establishing a sense of security.
7. Rest and Reflection: Cancer’s energy invites us to slow down, rest, and recharge. It’s a time to retreat, introspect, and nourish ourselves both physically and emotionally. Taking time for self-reflection and connecting with our inner selves can bring profound insights and personal growth.
Remember that the expression of these Cancer Season themes will vary, depending on the house in your chart ruled by Cancer, as well as the signs and degrees of symbols and points in your chart.
Important Cancer Season Dates 2023
- June 26th – First Quarter Moon @6° 36′ Libra
- July 3rd – Full Moon at 11° 18’ Capricorn
- July 10th – Last Quarter Moon at 23° 21′ Aries
- July 17th – New Moon @24° 55′ Cancer
Warsan Shire “Home”
no one leaves home unless home is the mouth of a shark you only run for the border when you see the whole city running as well
your neighbors running faster than you breath bloody in their throats the boy you went to school with who kissed you dizzy behind the old tin factory is holding a gun bigger than his body you only leave home when home won’t let you stay.
no one leaves home unless home chases you fire under feet hot blood in your belly it’s not something you ever thought of doing until the blade burnt threats into your neck and even then you carried the anthem under your breath only tearing up your passport in an airport toilet sobbing as each mouthful of paper made it clear that you wouldn’t be going back.
no one chooses refugee camps or strip searches where your body is left aching or prison, because prison is safer than a city of fire and one prison guard in the night is better than a truckload of men who look like your father no one could take it no one could stomach it no one skin would be tough enough
the go home blacks refugees dirty immigrants asylum seekers sucking our country dry niggers with their hands out they smell strange savage messed up their country and now they want to mess ours up how do the words the dirty looks roll off your backs maybe because the blow is softer than a limb torn off
or the words are more tender than fourteen men between your legs or the insults are easier to swallow than rubble than bone than your child’s body in pieces. i want to go home, but home is the mouth of a shark home is the barrel of the gun and no one would leave home unless home chased you to the shore unless home told you to quicken your legs leave your clothes behind crawl through the desert wade through the oceans drown save be hunger beg forget pride your survival is more important
no one leaves home until home is a sweaty voice in your ear saying — leave, run away from me now i dont know what i’ve become but i know that anywhere is safer than here
Want more Luminous?
When you enter your information you will also be added to the waitlist to receive information from GlobalWoman about LUMINOUS. You can unsubscribe at any time.