Action to Foundations
April 21st ~ Sun enters Taurus
Ruler of Taurus ~ Venus ♀︎
Taurus Themes ~ Money, Resources, Self-Love, Self-Worth, Self-Value, Foundation, Tenacity, Earthy Sensuality.
- Element ~ Earth
- Symbol ~ The Bull
- Glyph ~ ♉️
How do I love me?
If fiery Aries speaks to your self-belief, the solar cycle of earthy Taurus speaks to your self-worth, self- love and value. Taurus is determined that your life should have a solid foundation based on all the inner and outer resources you’ve cultivated.
Taurus is everything that Aries is not. Whilst Aries acts first, only to think later, Taurus wouldn’t consider doing so. Taurus season invites you to ask, ‘have you put in place the foundations needed to actualise the life you want?’
Be careful though. Ruled by Venus Taurus looks around, usually with food in hand, sees that life isn’t too bad and settles on laziness and accepting the status quo.
Sixteen weeks into 2019, the plans you set, and life you desire can feel as it’s all too hard. Taurus is about getting real about seeking security and will test how serious you are about achieving your plans for 2019.
Taurus season is about staying the course.
Taurus, the sign of the builder, loves and needs a plan. Without a considered plan, Taurus tends to laziness. With a plan, Taurus tends to hard work.
To succeed in creating the life you desire, Taurus wants you to look at the big picture, and then break it down into small, bite-sized steps.
All quality things take time to build. Review your plans and make adjustments as needed. As long as you know which steps to take, and then consistently take those steps, well anything is possible.
Important Taurus Dates:
- 26th-27th April – Last Quarter Moon
- New Moon in 14° 11’ Taurus
- NYC – 4th May, 5:46 pm
- Sydney – 5th May, 7:46 am
- Singapore – 5th May, 5:46 am
- Lagos – 4th May, 10:46 pm
- Rome – 4th May, 11:46 pm
- Rio de Janeiro – 4th May, 6:46 pm
- Mumbai – 5th May, 3:16 am
- Copenhagen – 4th May, 11:46pm
- Beirut – 5th May, 12:46am4th/5th May
- London – 4th May 10.46 pm
- 12th May – First Quarter Moon
- May 18th – Full Moon
Taurus New Moon Intention
On the Taurus New Moon, I set grounded intentions that support the foundations and integrity of the creative vision I have for my life.
Taurus is the purrfect time for…
- Enjoying the pleasure and the sensuous life – eating good earth food, exploring gardens and gardening, giving and receiving conscious touch
- Exploring what security means for you – identify what you need to live securely and comfortably
- Develop a self-care plan that includes:
- Exploring the middle path Buddhist meditations
- Saving more and spending less
- Showing up early
- Nourishing your body
- Nurturing your healthy bonds
- Making tough decisions
- Knowing your boundaries and maintaining them
- Integrity is the essence of Taurus – ‘I will do what I say’.
Watch out for
- Be mindful of conserving resources
- Indulge without over-indulging
- Stagnation of thought, plans and action
- Stubbornness (ever argued with a Taurean?)
Be brave in love.
Be brave in sex.
Be brave in your ecstasy.
Be brave in your orgasms.
Be brave in being who you truly are,
Asking for what you want, and getting your needs met.
As a sexually awakened person, you have enormous power.
Don’t let anyone take it from you.
Do the best you can, stay open, be compassionate with yourself and others,
The Explorer’s Guide to Orgasm
- Image source: La Couture est Dans le Pré” by Patrick Demarchelier for French Vogue October 2007