When are the New Moons in 2022?
2022 New Moons and Lunar Cycles
The Sun makes days, seasons and years. The Moon makes months.
You make LUMINOUS.
2022 has 13 New Moons; the first emerging on January 2nd @12° 19′ Capricorn and the last one of the year emerging on December 23rd at 1° 32′ Capricorn. ♑️
Between those two lunar events, each New Moon appears in a different sign and usually, a different degree.
Whether you are calling you in from the North, South, East, West, the cycle and phases of the Moon have long captivated us earthlings. She is literally the stuff of myths, religions and festival, such as Lunar New Year, Easter, Diwali, Purnima, Eid, Rosh Chodesh and many more.
The Moon truly is global.
- Easter is always celebrated on the first Sunday after the previous Full Moon, that falls on or after the spring equinox, March 21st.
- Chinese New Year usually falls on the second new moon after the winter solstice
- The Hindu Purnima festival is celebrated on the full moon day (Purnima) in the Hindu month of Ashadha
- Islam follows the lunar calendar, based on phases of the Moon.
- Diwali occurs on the darkest day of the lunar month, which is the day of the New Moon
- The Hebrew calendar is a lunisolar calendar.
- We only see the Moon’s light due to the reflection of the Sun, meaning that these two luminaries are inextricably linked every cycle
- The Lunation Cycle is the cycle of the phases of the moon, and ever-changing relationship to the sun as seen from here on earth
- The New Moon emerges in the sign and exact degree that the Sun is in
- Between New Moon to New Moon, there are approximately 29 days and 10 hours
- The first sighting of a New Moon appears at least 15 hours AFTER the time of the New Moon
- The word ‘calendar’ itself is taken from the ‘calends’, the term for the first day of the month in the Roman calendar
- ‘Calends’ means “to call out” referring to the calling or the announcement that the New Moon was just seen.
Linear time trains us to look ahead.
Luminous time reminds us to look up.
New Moon January 2nd
@12° 19′ Capricorn ♑️
Full-Moon January 17th Full-Moon @27° 50′ Cancer ♋️
New Moon February 1st
@12° 19′ Aquarius ♒️
Full-Moon February 16th @27° 59′ Leo ♌️
New Moon March 2nd
@12° 06′ Pisces ♓️
Full-Moon March 18th @27° 39′ Virgo ♍️
New Moon April 1st
@11° 30′ Aries ♈️
Full-Moon April 16th @26° 45′ Libra ♎️
New Moon April 30th
@10° 27′ Taurus ♉️
Full-Moon May 16th @25° 16′ Scorpio ♏️
New Moon May 30th
@9° 03′ Gemini ♊️
Full-Moon June 14th @23° 24′ Sagittarius ♐️
New Moon June 29th
@7′ 22′ Cancer ♋️
Full-Moon July 13th @21′ 20′ Capricorn ♑️
New Moon July 28th
@5′ 38′ Leo ♌️
Full-Moon August 12th @19′ 21′ Aquarius ♒️
New Moon August 27th
@4′ 03′ Virgo ♍️
Full-Moon September 10th @17° 40′ Pisces ♓️
New Moon September 25th
@2′ 48′ Libra ♎️
Full-Moon October 9th @16′ 32′ Aries ♈️
New Moon October 25th
@1′ 59′ Scorpio ♏️
Full-Moon November 8th @16′ 00′ Taurus ♉️
New Moon November 23rd
@1′ 37′ Sagittarius ♐️
Full-Moon December 8th @16′ 01′ Gemini ♊️
New Moon December 23rd
@1′ 32′ Capricorn ♑️
CIRCLE 2022 WITH LUMINOUS
+ LUMINOUS 2022 guide with New Moon Dates
+13 Lunar Themes
+13 New Moon Practices
+ LUMINOUS 2022 Playlist
+ Receive information about LUMINOUS 2022 and GlobalWoman Entrepreneur, our twice-yearly online program.
When you enter your information you will also be added to the waitlist to receive information from GlobalWoman about LUMINOUS You can unsubscribe at any time.